Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Blog...

This weekend I had a moment to think about why I blog. I have no idea. Most of the blogs I read fall into either saving money or organizing categories. My blog seems to be all over. Maybe it's fitting as I am transitioning into a new career. Or it could just be that my life is so scattered. I feel like I am in a constant state of flux. The weather is turning nice and the kids are starting softball/baseball. Jeff is just finishing track and field coaching and will start cross-country the end of the month. I'm just trying to keep it together knowing who is where after school. We try not to over schedule the kids - especially Paige - but with me working out of town and Jeffrey coaching, it just seems like a race to the finish line every night. By the time the weekend comes I am tired that I don't feel like doing all the work that has built up over the week. Why can't we stop time - just for a few hours to let me catch up. Is that asking for much?

This past weekend Jeff decided to start tearing down our fence in the back of our yard. It needs replaced and was slowly falling down. However, now we have direct view into the dilapidated garage of the neighbor from across the yard. Jeff decided to leave one panel up as we didn't realize how ugly it really is. The worse thing about this is that the person that lives in the house is my old math teacher from high school. And I'm afraid of her!! She was so mean and strict. I was so irritated at Jeff for tearing down the fence as we aren't planning to put up the new one till June. Lord knows how she feels about seeing our yard and the kids. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't come over and demand we put the fence back up! Especially if she knows it's me living behind her. She had little respect for students if they didn't spend all their time studying and doing work. She was not fond of extracurricular activities unless they were geared towards academics. Funny thing is, I was talking to an old classmate last night and she said the same thing! In fact she told me a story about how this teacher made her cry because she said she wasn't as smart as her older sister and felt they couldn't really be related. The worse part of all is that my friend's father was a teacher in the same building! He must have been afraid of her too as he told my friend to disregard it as she was her teacher and to just listen and do her work.
Pray for a fast fence replacement as I need it to block her evil from me!

As I stated earlier in the post, I feel as though my life is being pulled in all directions. I am reading a really good book by Peter Walsh called Enough Already- Clearing Mental Clutter to Become the Best You. So far it has a lot of good points, but I haven't gotten to far into it so I will have to let you know if it helps.

I think I really need to take time to reflect on where I am and what I need to do. I probably would benefit from mapping out my life right now and for the future to see if I am on the right track or a few tracks to the right. Any suggestions? Have any of you felt as though you veered off direction? If so, how do you get back?

No comments: