Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting Old

There are just some things as child you see and think wow are they old. Well, for me it was never being able to understand why my grandmother would need to find her glasses to read. She had told me she never needed glasses until she was older to help see the words better. I concluded to myself that you must need glasses when you're old. No one in my family wore glasses. I had friends who wore them to see far away but they were fine for up close. In fact my husband wears glasses for distance and has had to since he was 9 or 10.

Lately at work I have been doing a lot of computer work going through our clients information on spreadsheets and reports. My eyes have been tired and I noticed that sometimes it was such an effort to focus. Today, I had them checked and I have a small prescription. It's nothing big but when I put the lenses in front of me it really made a difference. I don't need them to read but it may help take away some of the strain. It just hit me when I was in the doctor's chair...you're getting old. Get the eyeglass chain out around your neck, Rochelle, it's all down hill from here!

No comments: