Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Update

I'm not sure if anyone else had this, but I could not log in to blogger Sunday and Monday. Anyway, Friday was the Penguins game and it was on every one's mind all day. Paige had a softball game at 6pm and luckily it ended by 8pm in time for us to head over to a friend's house to watch.

My son was so thrilled with the win. He didn't watch the whole game as there were a lot of kids to play with, but I did grab him at the last 2 minutes. Poor thing was so tired, I wasn't sure if he would even stay awake for the ending. I think he fell asleep as soon as his head hit his pillow.

Saturday, Jeff had an all day golf outing. Paige had stayed over her friends house and swam all day. I took Jeff Michael to the pool we belong to, but it was really cloudy and the water wasn't heated yet. He enjoyed it which is all that matters. The three of us hung out at home in the evening.

Sunday, we took the kids to the Pirates game. We played - of all teams- the Detroit Tigers. But it gets even better. Before the games several Penguins players showed up and they brought the Stanley Cup out onto the field. Jeffrey Michael was in his glory. He wanted to go down to get an autograph, but there was no way anyone could get close. My husband promised to take him to some of the practices in the fall. Hopefully, he will be able to get an autograph then. The game was fun, but it was so hot. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. If only the two day's weather was reversed. We left by the 6th inning because the game was taking so long and it was just too hot baking in that sun. The kids had a great time.

Honey do update- Jeff fixed my washing machine and the front steps. He said he was going to do a project on Tues and Thurs (his days off from cross country). Again he won't tell me what the project will be that way if he doesn't get around to it, it's no big deal. I was very happy with the last two projects as they were really the only ones that I wanted done immediately. He still has to put a final layer of patch on the steps which he probably will not do till August. Even if he doesn't, it is still better that it was!

No comments: