Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Half Days and Rain

Today I had a half day at work. THANK YOU JESUS! Not only do I not want to go into work anymore, I also have a house that could be quarantined by the CDC. Seriously, the kitchen hasn't been touched in two days. And when you don't own a dishwasher- yes I know it's the year 2009- dishes pile in the sink. I would lose all readers if they actually saw the state of my kitchen! Yup all 2 people would run screaming in disgust!

We've talked about doing some minimal remodelling in the kitchen that would include new counter tops and fitting in a dishwasher. Right now we are at a stalemate with the whole slum house fiasco. So today when I got home I started on the kitchen and put some ribs in the crock pot for my husband and daughter. I can't stand bbq ribs. My son is hit or miss about eating them, but I am definitely a no eater. I'm not real fond of meat but not a true vegetarian either. Every so often I do desire a nice piece of steak, but if given a choice I'm out!

Lately, I feel as though I am on the verge of having a major 38 yr old temper tantrum meltdown. Not sure if it's a hormonal thing or what. But I can't stomach getting up for work and just want to be home. It could be the fact that we are so busy with softball and baseball. I usually meet them at the ball field and then get home around 8:30pm. By then the only time I have is getting their homework and baths. Plus I am not a night person, I am out by 9-9:30am and up around 7 am and on the road by 8:30 am. Thus the horrendous state of my house!


I am getting really down. I read one of my favorite blogs today and she spoke about her blog friends knowing more about what's going on in her life than her neighbors. I think it's the same with me. I really don't talk to my friends about certain things. I secretly want them to think that I am a great wife, mother, housekeeper, etc. I would have definitely been one of those 50's housewives trying to live like June Cleaver! That stems back to my childhood and all the turmoil that was going on. I basically lived two lives- my home life and school life. No one in school had a clue about my home life and I was the cheerleader, straight A student. Then I would go home and basically run a household at age 13. Never the two intertwined. I would have been mortified if people knew what was going on in my house. Every one thought I was the good student with friends enjoying life. Not so!

Anyway, it's been raining for days here in Western PA which also puts me in the mood to curl up in bed and nap. Which I did for a few hours after everyone got home! It wasn't a wasted day after all.

Now if I could find a way to sleep and exercise at the same time! These few pounds just won't go away. It's like when you have a tooth ache and you just can't stop touching it with your tongue. You know it's going to hurt but you just can't help yourself. I just can't get moving although I know it's what I need to do! Where did my metabolism go!!!! Come back!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, doesn't it feel good to take a nap and get these feelings out of your head. I struggled with working for years. Sounds like you are worn out. maybe the rain is a good thing. sorry for being a bad influence : )

rest. rest. rest.