Thursday, June 11, 2009

Honey Do List

Last night I rushed home from work in time to eat a quick dinner and be off to Paige's softball game. Softball/baseball this week is horrid. There is a game each and every day! I am so glad I skipped Paige's game on Tuesday to do laundry as it is at least one thing I don't have to worry about.

My husband fixed the back screen door. At least we hope. The screw holes have stripped and won't hold a screw and although he will tighten them once a week, they just work themselves loose and the door starts hanging crooked. He went to the hardware store and bought longer screws and if confident that this will fix the problem. He said he also had a surprise project today for me. I think he and the kids are going to clean the house. That would be great. Paige still hasn't cleaned up her school pile and it' s sitting on the end table in the living room. If she would go through the papers and make a pile for the recycling it would be so good.

There are a lot of little projects that Jeff is determined to do this summer. I have some ideas for projects, but I will wait to see what his list looks like before I mention mine. Mainly, I would like the front steps fixed (replaced preferably but not sure if we can do this year) and my washing machine fixed. It leaks water from underneath when I do a load. Tuesday it leaked a lot since I did about 8 loads in a row. I was praying it wouldn't explode by the time I was done! The water runs out right in front of the stairs so if you forget, you step in a puddle! I can't stand that.

I am hoping to get home from Jeffrey Michael's game early enough to get all the clothes off the lines in the basement. I might try to get some ironing done but just pulling the clothes off the lines would be good for me. I've already decided that I am not going to get a lot accomplished this week and to just be happy for the little things I can.

Another dreary day outside. The clouds keep coming and we had a little rain last night. It's suppose to be sunny this weekend which will be nice. We're taking the kids to a Pirate's game on Sunday. This time I know I will get a Primanti's sandwich since they have a vendor in the stadium. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did you know I was just making up my own little list? good luck with yours

Simplelivin' said...

It's been so dreary on the East side of the state too. So depressing. You're lucky to have a husband willing to create his own list. Hopefully most of it matches what is on yours!

Doriana Gray said...

My husband doesn´t mind it when I make him lists - he does them and crosses them off. But then he gets annoyed if I ask him to do something else and it wasn´t on the original list! :-/