Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Day cancellation

Everyone is home today because of the snow.  My son is absolutely thrilled and Paige is still sleeping.  My husband is happy too although come June when they have to make up the day he will not be happy!!

Isn't that always the case?  What gratification we feel when we put off something that we know we will eventually have to do?  I think that's what has been happening with me the past few days.  It's nice to have these slow peaceful relaxing days to recuperate, but I know at some point in time I am going to have to get working on this house before I head back to work.  And that is driving me nuts!  I keep counting down how many days I have left to do things around the house before Christmas/New Year's/Back to work.

Why do I think I am going to organize and clean this house so that it is spotless?  How is that even possible with 4 people who live here and I mean LIVE here.  My house is lived in.  It seems to always be in some state of mess depending on what time of day it is and what we are doing.

If I can get most of the clutter out then I think that will be a victory.  Especially before more enters the house with Christmas!

Today since the kids are home I think we will make cookies in the afternoon.  I think we can get a lot done!  Unless they decide to play in the snow.  In that case I will hang out inside and videotape!!

No comments: