Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Countdown

I totally panicked yesterday when I realized that there were only 6 days left until Christmas.  I have so much left to do.  How do I do it when I work full-time?  Maybe I plan better when I know I only have so much time to do things.  Who knows!

Jeff and I did some shopping this weekend but didn't really find what we were looking for.  I also scrubbed the bathroom walls when he went to the gym.  I had to.  The people who lived here before us smoked in the bathroom and every so often nicotine tar comes through the paint and leaves orangey/yellow spots on the walls.  When we first moved in here, I noticed it about 3-4 months later.  It was really bad around the toilet area and I actually thought it was my husband missing the toilet (my son wasn't potty trained yet).  But then I noticed it way high on the walls all around the bathroom.  Unless my husband was marking the bathroom, it couldn't be urine.  Jeff figured it out that it was from smoking. So I wash down the bathroom walls every 6 mos and it's pretty much going away. 

I also went shopping by myself on Friday and got my husband a few gifts from the kids.  I mailed out the last of the ebay items and Christmas cards.  Paige and I made some wedding cookies- though the recipe didn't make very many and we're going to have to make more of those for sure.  Saturday we didn't do much around the house and had a party to go to in the evening. 

So it's Monday morning and time to make my last minute list of things to do.  I am hoping that we can take the kids shopping tonight to get their Christmas items for friends and teachers.  Seriously thought I would be way more organized than this!!

No comments: