Saturday, April 2, 2011

No More Toxic Cleaners!

I'm done, it's over.  GET OUT!

This morning I cleaned the bathroom.  I used the last of the Tilex to scrub my shower and toilet.  I opened the window and closed the door to keep the fumes from infiltrating the whole upstairs.  Of course that didn't work very long as the bathroom is one of the most used rooms in the house. I could slowly smell the fumes enter into my room.

As I am sitting here wasting time reading  blogs, I can hear my son sneezing.  No more!  I had purchased some Shaklee  H2 cleaner from Toni during her fundraiser and have been using it on windows and to clean counter tops.  I am now definitely going to get some bathroom cleaner.  Not sure if I am staying with Shaklee or not.  I have used Method before and it was decent.  I also have Mrs Meyers All Purpose cleaner that I use to scrub our floors with, but not sure how toxic free it is.  I do use their hand soap, mostly cause I really like the look of the bottle.  Last week, I purchased Seventh Generation Laundry Soap, so I may try their cleaners. 

All I know is that I don't want to hear them sneezing or coughing after I clean.  I can't stand it.  What do you use?  What works best for you?  I appreciate any feedback as I do suffer from OCD and when it comes to the bathroom I tend to really over do it with the cleaners.  I've actually caused the paint to peel off the walls around my toilet as seen here.

2 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

i have been using 7th gen products for the last several months and i really like them.
they smell a bit funky, but thats ok, atleast its not the chemical smell.

happymomonline said...

I have a steam cleaner that I use for the floors and LOVE it! I try to just use water and vinegar whenever possible, but do use ammonia mixed with water. It works great - smells horrible - and I know that I need to find a replacement. Problem is that it is SO CHEAP...ugh...trying to balance my frugalness with what is best for our family's health. I did just start making my own laundry detergent and am really happy with that. I posted that on my blog, if you are interested.
Also, thanks for your kind words and stopping by my blog.
God Bless!
Heather :-)