Thursday, February 3, 2011

2011 Resolutions

As much as I love to read other people's resolutions, I rarely make them for myself.  Last year I had attempted to put together resolutions, but then my mother passed away on Jan 1st and well, you can understand.

This year I would like to try do accomplish something along the lines of resolutions. I think I am going to break it down to each month just to make it a little easier and fun.  January I pretty much used as my get back into the swing of things after my surgery.  I almost didn't go back to this job.  I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do as far as work.  I had thought really seriously about going back to get my certification, but it would require me going back to school for about a year and right now it's just not feasible financially.  I won't rule it out for the future, but for now it's not fair to my family.  I don't need to make much money, but if I would rather work and pay off bills now so that if I went back to school work wouldn't be mandatory.

My current job is nice, but there is no room for advancement unless I become my own agent.  It's possible and doable, but not what I want to do for a living.  I get no satisfaction out of this job.  It's just a job.  A paycheck.  I am keeping my eyes and ears open for something closer to home and maybe part-time.

Now that I've gotten myself and my family back on track with our routine, I would like to use February to simplify.  I had imagined that I was going to be able to do that on my medical leave, but physically I could only do a little at a time.  Even with what I had accomplished, there is still a lot -like that miserable office!  This weekend I did work on my paperwork and filing cabinet.  I went through most of my files and cleaned them out.  I also went through a pile of papers that need to be filed and got most of those put away.  I would like to chip away a little at a time this week on the office. Things need to go on ebay, paper needs shredded and recycled, and the bin of toys needs to be gone through and donated. 

Once the office is done, I need to get up in the attic to the storage room.  Then there are all of my photos in a bag. And then Paige's closet needs overhauled. Plus the basement storage closets.  Looks like I am going to have a long list for a short month!!

I think tonight I am going to put a list together of all the things that I want to accomplish each month.  Maybe if I see it on paper, I can do it!

No comments: