Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bubbers -down and out

Jeffrey Michael woke up yesterday complaining of a bad headache.  He had a slight fever but after some ibuprofen, he was running around as usual.  I just figured it was a random thing.

Sad to say it's not.  Yesterday afternoon he called from his friend's house to say his headache was back.  Jeff A picked him up and he was still warm.  More ibuprofen and a bubble bath later, he crawled into bed with me.  He was fast asleep by 8 pm.  My husband and his brother went to Beer Fest and I knew they wouldn't be home till the wee hours of the morning.  More on that story later!

Poor Jeffrey M was up every couple hours just so uncomfortable.  This morning he woke with a fever of 102.6.  I don't think I've ever seen either of my kids with a fever that high.  I gave him some ibuprofen and will do the acetaminophen/ibuprofen route if needed.  He is afraid that he is going to have a stomach sickness like Paige had last weekend, but I assured him his sickness was not the same.  Right now he is in his bedroom playing his DS game so I'm thinking the medicine is working.  I don't want to panic and take him to the ER but I also don't want to be too lacks about his fever.

He just came in to find a stylus for his DS and his little cheeks are so red.  He sure isn't acting like he has a high fever.  Fingers crossed he'll be ok by end of today!!

No comments: