Friday, July 17, 2009

Wing Night

Last night after work, I met my family and another couple at a local Irish Pub. It was 35 cent wing night and $1 drafts. I had some appetizers which were 1/2 off if ordered before 6pm. Total cost for the 4 of us was $25 and we were thrilled. Everyone ate a ton and had a great time. Of course we had our usual pop spill-Paige bumped her elbow and knocked her glass over and it spilled down Jeffrey Michael. No one got mad or fought over it and I - imagine this- even laughed over it. I even tried a wing, but of course had to listen to the criticism of using 2 forks to eat it. One to hold the wing down on the plate and the other to pull off the meat. Yup - add it to my strange OCD, but I don't like to get the sauce under my nails.

After dinner we all went to our house for Smirnoff Lemonade Slushies. Tasty! Luckily we hung out on the back patio as my house is a wreck. It was so nice to hang out while the kids played. They didn't leave till almost 9:30pm which was a little late for me. I haven't been able to do any work around the house since Monday and so there is a lot of laundry and cleaning to do tonight since we'll be gone all weekend. I do have to admit it was hard to sit there while in my mind I was thinking of all the things I could be doing. Hopefully today my husband will at least get the dishes washed. Tonight Paige is skipping (although I think there is going to be thunderstorms anyway) softball practice to go to a birthday party. So that will give me time to get laundry and pack food for tomorrow.
Have a great weekend everybody!!

No comments: