Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Holiday Weekend and Crazy Weather

As I catch up with everyone's blogs I see that everyone had a great holiday weekend. I spent all Friday cleaning and getting things ready for Sunday's family party for Jeffrey Michael. Saturday was nice and relaxing. We spent most of the day at my childhood friends house. She married a boy we grew up with and they still live in the old neighborhood. So many people that I grew up with still live there and it was so nice to see them. Especially the boy who grew up next door to me! I hadn't seen him in almost 15 years. He was like a brother to me.

The weather was so cold- only in the mid 60's. But other than that, we had a great time and then went to Jeff's cousin's house to watch fireworks. Then home by 10:30 pm. Yup- we're such party animals!!

Sunday we had family over for Jeffrey Michaels birthday. It was nice and hot. I tried to get some sun in between being the host. Tons of food and the kids played nicely. It was really quite enjoyable. Just minimal bickering among the adult family members.

Yesterday Paige had practice for her All-Star team. She was thrilled to be picked from her team and their first games are this weekend. Of course, my husband leaves for a golf trip this weekend and will probably miss them. And they're out of town, so I took off Monday as well. I need an extra day for myself. Plus I'm hoping it will be a nice day and I can actually go to the pool!!

Has anyone tried those Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets? I picked some up at Walgreens as they were on sale and I had a coupon. I've done a few loads with them and I'm not sure if I like them. First, the only scent they had was tropical- and that is too much scent for me. Second, I'm afraid they won't clean the really soiled clothes. I did cut one in half as I had a tiny load of delicates and thought a full sheet was wasteful. Anyway, I'm not sure if I would buy them on a regular basis. What do you think?

No comments: