Thursday, July 23, 2009

Al fresco dining and hockey

Last night when I got home from work, my kids were setting the patio table for dinner. Jeff had grilled hamburgers and we ate outside. Then we played a quick game of hockey. My son received hockey nets for his birthday and we improvise hockey sticks out of plastic bats and used a practice softball for the puck. It was a lot of fun.

As soon as the winning goal was made (by me of all people), the clouds opened up and it started pouring. We cleaned everything up and headed indoors. Paige had a play date planned for 6:30pm and they entertained themselves in her room. The boys headed out in the rain to drop off fundraising forms for Jeff's cross country team. Me and the ever shedding chihuahua headed to the couch and I started flipping through stations. I stopped on Lifetime to watch a new show called Drop Dead Diva and I really like it. I may have to dvr it since I can never commit to remembering the day and time a show is on.

It's been raining all day today and thunderstorms are headed our way sometime around the early evening. At least tomorrow is Friday and closer to time off work!!

No comments: