Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thought I'd never utter these words....

But I got too much sun yesterday afternoon. Jeff Allen was running a few errands and my son was at a friends. I asked Paige if she wanted to go to the pool but she didn't. BOOO! So I put on my suit and went out back and found a sunny spot that was well hidden from my neighbors. It was so hot! I had Paige spray water on my back but it was so nice to lay in the sun.


Only problem was later last night at the baseball game, I started to feel yucky. I'm not sure if it was due to the sun or not, but even this morning I wasn't feeling too good. Hopefully it goes away as we are suppose to meet friends for wings.


Jeffrey Michael's team played last night and came in second. The team we played against has the worst coaches in the league. They really take the game seriously and want to play by all these rules. Our team and the other teams usually just let them bat around the order and most of the time we never even kept score. Not last night. I thought there were going to be fists flying between the coaches and the parents. I just stayed to side and videoed the game. One of the mom's from my team said we may need to use the tape for evidence if the police are called. Unfortunately, this is an all too common occurrence where I live. We've had parents arrested and now have a police officer at the ball fields - especially during the older teams games.

The boys were all thrilled to get a medal- though Jeff Michael was confused as to why it didn't say 2nd place. They were just a plain medal regardless of who won and so that really makes you wonder at the coaches. Is it just to boast their ego? Our coaches were really tired of all the arguing at plays and rules that we'd never followed at our other games. Plus the other team was mad that we called up T ball players. Seriously? These little guys ran their little hearts out trying to make it to 1st base but unless the ball was dropped they couldn't beat the throws or even out run an 8 yr old. Our coaches thought that we would have to forfeit if we didn't have a 10 man roster. Especially playing with this team. However, they showed up with 8 and just batted 2 extra if we didn't get the 3 outs.

One sporting event down, one to go! Then maybe I can get back to a normal schedule.

No comments: