Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Movie Night

Last night, my son realized that we were all home with nothing planned. So he suggested that we have movie night. We have game night or movie night during the school year and they usually get pushed out once summer rolls around.

We first looked on Comcast but with the storm outside the channel kept going in and out. Jeff took the kids to look for videos and I took a catnap with the world's most shedding chihuahua. When they came home my husband had a strange smirk on his face. He started off with this disclaimer- "Your kids picked this movie."

Hmmm. Now I'm bracing myself. Ok- what did we get? Paige proudly states The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. What? Yes. You heard correctly. They picked out a chick flick.

I seriously have no desire to watch this. I'm not into chick flicks. I like funny stupid comedies. But I pretended like I really was excited to watch it and it wasn't all that bad. My son hated it and complained about 10-15 minutes into the movie. Paige LOVED it and snuggled near me and actually HELD.MY.HAND. I think that was the best part for me. I love to snuggle and hold hands with my kids but Paige fights me with this.

Paige just called me and said they were watching Friday the 13th. Are you serious? She called because my husband turned it off and she was mad. Big switch from last night's movie. And isn't it rated R?? Time to call the husband.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love movie nights too - I just struggle finding with something that is appropriate for all. I still don't let my kids watch PG-13! Old fashioned I guess.