Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In between

Life lately has been in between.

The weather is in between summer and fall.  Last week the high's were in the 40's and this week we are suppose to average 70's.  This does not help me with clothes. I can't put away the summer clothes and can't take out the winter clothes.

Paige's bedroom remodel is in between.  She's picked out her colors but I can't start painting until we get a lot of her stuff out of the room.  Plus I haven't found new furniture.  Or flooring.

Fall ball is in between.  We've had so many games cancel due to the rain and cold.  While we should be winding down the season, we're actually just beginning.

Cross country is in between.  Junior High and JV is finishing up their season, but Varsity is just gearing up for the WPIALS.  Plus we need to start planning for the banquet.

Cheerleading is in between.  Football is over, but they still practice as they have to learn cheers for basketball season which starts right after Christmas break.

Paige's birthday is in between.  Though her birthday was last Thursday, we still haven't had a family party or her friend party.  Blame above cross country, football, and baseball.

Cleaning and organizing is in between.  I have been working on trying to follow some magical system that will let me live the Jeff Lewis life (yes, there is a gay man trapped in body), I just can't figure it out!  Most areas are almost were I want them to be as far as organized and cleaning them is a breeze and then others (they will remain nameless) mock me everyday.  Lord knows I'm tired of blogging about that room!

I'm in between blogging.  Every day I think of things to post, but yet sometimes it just feels like such a hassle.  I love reading blogs and wish mine was like so many others.  I want people to come here to read and be inspired - or just get a good laugh.  But is that egocentric of me.  Who cares about a girl from Western PA and what I do on a daily basis?
Life is just in between for me.  I feel stuck with every aspect of my life.  Sometimes I get two steps ahead and the fall ten steps behind.  I think it's time for me to make a list.  I love lists and making them helps me to work through times like this when I just feel like a gerbil running wild.

Oh, and I've been asked to take pictures of a friend's wedding.  I.AM.SCARED.TO.DEATH.  They are desparate as they do not have enough money for a professional and they totally understand that I'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.  Can you tell I'm anxious?  Ugghhh.  I couldn't say no cause I'm the only one they know with a good camera and would have to rely on guests point and shoot photos.  I'm such a glutton for punishment.

2 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Wow. Lots going on today. First---it's all good...you got this. Just do what you can when you can and keep that list going. There will be a time for you to get to everything. Plus put some small stuff on that list and once they are done it will give you something to cross off and a little boost.
I love reading your blog...you keep me accountable when you talk about all the stuff you got rid of or you show pictures of the clean office...it makes me want to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Your post today really resonates with me, though I hadn't thought enough to realize that is why I am having such difficulty latedly. "In between" is a perfect description. The weather is partly responsible for being in transition yet again, when I hadn't quite gotten a handle on finishing up my summer projects. Thank you so much for sharing.