Tuesday, October 5, 2010

That time of the year

It's cold! Not cold enough to have frost on the windows but just nippy enough to make me put on my winter coat. I couldn't believe that I actually had to go get the winter clothes from the attic this weekend. We needed sweatshirts and warmer pjs because I only put the furnace on enough to take the chill out of the air in the mornings. Our gas bill will be large enough come this January and February. We can layer until then!

Friday night Paige had her annual birthday sleepover. We had 15 girls including Paige ranging in age from 11 -13. This year they were actually not too bad. No bickering or hurt feelings and most were asleep by 1 am. They are just loud. But I did hear one of the girls say it was the best birthday party ever. Yay me!

Jeff and I had tried to recuperate Saturday and Sunday. The house stayed relatively clean and other than the dishes from last night (too tired to care about!) I don't have much to do tonight. Just a couple loads of laundry, dishes, and maybe start working on some piles in the office. Oh, and all the summer shoes need to get put away. That alone will clear up the stairs on the basement. I don't think we have as many winter shoes. Well, until I have to go out and buy new ones for growing feet! Hehe!

No comments: