Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Cleaning

March is the month for me to begin simplifying my house.  To recap- I decided to try and tackle one thing every month for my resolutions.  January I basically used as a re- group month as I was going back to work after my medical leave.  February I decided to get my heart rate up by working out.  I am proud to say that I have really been doing good going 3x a week and if I happen to miss a work out - which only happened once- I have made it up.  Yay me!

So March is my month to simplify.  I created a nice organizer in my kitchen and created a coupon binder.
I even cleaned up my nightstand- pictures to follow.  I cleaned behind,beside, and above my refrigerator. 
I am still in the process of re-organizing my manual/maintenance folder- it's a biggie and I need to schedule some uninterrupted time. 

Today is my half day and after reading a couple blogs this morning-Hawkerswife and ABowlFullofLemons, I've decided to tackle some easy projects before bringing the kids to church for Ash Wednesday. It's CleaningPalooza at Hawkers wife and she is having some great giveaways and guest posts on cleaning- including some nice lists to help keep track of what needs accomplished. 

I've decided to wash my kitchen curtains as I can't honestly remember when I washed them last.  Heck, I may never have since putting them up originally almost 6 years ago.  Yup, I just admitted that cause I'm crazy like that.  Plus I would like to use the Scour Off that I just got from Toni's Autism Speaks fundraiser.  I should have done this a few days ago as last night I had my good friend's family over for dinner.  Really embarrassed to open the oven door!  But despite a gross oven, dinner was delicious.

I just re-arranged Jeffrey Michael's room around and wiped all his furniture and the his floor on Saturday.  I didn't take any before photos, but I did take a few photos of the new layout (his design choice of course).  I may have some old photos of his room that I can upload and post about. His curtains also need to be washed. And while I'm at it, I should do Paige's curtains and the office.  While I have those washing, I am going to wash the windows and wipe windowsills.  Should be a good test run for the Basic H window cleaner I got. 


 I have a huge list of posts that I need to get out of my head and off paper.  I tend to think about good posts to blog and compose them in my head as I am going about my day.  Sad part is that something will happen and I post about that completely forgetting I had something altogether different in mind. Someday I will get myself together.  One month at a time.....

1 comment:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

if things are messy, i feel like i cannot function correctly.
cant waint for you to keep updating us on your clean up, and clean out!