Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Redo

Last night I forgot that we made plans to go out for wings with another couple and their children. It was fun, but around 7pm I thought I was going to fall asleep at the table. I didn't get out of the office early either so none of the things I wanted to do before dinner were done. Oh well. I do have to leave work early to go to a doctor's appointment and will get home early. Maybe I can do some tasks tonight.



My husband said something so funny last night I swear he can read my mind. We were heading out the door and he turns to me and says maybe we can get the wallpaper off the walls in the bedroom over break. I stared at him for a second and pulled my list out of my purse. He laughed when he saw that listed first! The best part of it is that he said he would help so we can get it done faster. Most of it is down it's just where my arm couldn't reach without a ladder that's left! Jeff said he figured there were going to be some things for him "to-do" over break. Yes, he knows me well.



But on another note, I was reading Denise's blog and she hit a nerve. HARD! Yesterday, I was going to post about the fight Paige and I had on Saturday and was too embarrassed. I feel like I am always fighting with her ( since she was 2!). She's very head strong and argumentative. But lately I've come to realize that 90% of our fighting is because of me. I come home from work and turn off. That's not fair to my husband and kids. My customers shouldn't be treated better than my family. Maybe I let it all out at home- all the things that bugged me during the day at work that I couldn't say! Regardless it's not right. And I am embarrassed to admit that I can be mean at home to my family. One of the tasks on my list is to figure a way to correct this. Any ideas?? I try to use my 30 min commute to decompress but sometimes it doesn't work.

1 comment:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

i know what you mean. i sometimes wonder why i give my best to everyone else, and act like a jerk to my family. its really weird.

i also have a commute and it is not a time where i can unwind and decomress either.