Monday, October 5, 2009

That's what you get for waking up in Vegas

Last week I had taken off for vacation. My intent was to relax and do some little things around the house. Well, intentions flew out the window when I decided to book a last minute flight to Vegas to go with a couple friends I grew up with. My one girlfriend turned 40 (she shares the same birthday as Paige). Not sure it was the best thing to do but it was fun. Unfortunately, all the walking around exhausted me though I did try to spend most of the days by the pool. We only stayed for 3 days 2 nights. Most of our plans were spur of the moment as we didn't plan anything for the days. We saw Cher and were lucky with getting seats right near the stage. I think I'm the only one that came home with winning money, but then again I didn't really play a lot.

Of course, I still don't have a camera and so I had to pick up a disposable. Not really expecting any spectacular shots but hopefully a couple of good pictures for the kids to look at. My daughter did get over me being away on her birthday. She raised a huge fuss and I almost backed out on Sunday. To be honest, last week was probably the worst week for me to go away as there were so many things going on. Monday I was suppose to take my nephew to the KISS concert in Cleveland. I got the tickets last month and we were both looking forward to it. Jeff stepped in and took him for me. Tuesday was Paige's birthday and Jeff had a big cross country meet and then Wednesday started CCD for the kids. Plus throw in the fact that my husband has to be at his school 2 hours before the kids start their school day and you can see the scheduling night mare that I had to work out Sunday before I left.

Being back to work today makes me realize how bad I hate this job. Full-time is not for me at all. Neither is the cold weather!!

2 comments:

me in millions said...

Yay for vacations! I was wondering where you've been lately...

Anonymous said...

hang in there Rochelle. I am thinking of you. Hope you are over the mono - yuck!!