Friday, March 11, 2011

Chester

This morning we woke up to a 2 hour school delay and about 3-4 inches of snow.  While the kids and I love it- I actually stayed home from work as they are predicting more snow throughout the day- one member of our family has definitely had enough of winter.


Chester is a tall skinny beige tabby that came into our lives around 7 years ago.  One night I came home from my job at the insurance call center and saw him on the corner.  I pulled into my driveway with the intention of putting some food out for him.  He had other plans.  He actually followed my car up the driveway and snuck into the house as I was opening the door.  He hasn't left.




He doesn't like being indoors and even in the winter is content to being outside chasing snowflakes.  But lately, he's been staying indoors.  It might be old age and the fact that he doesn't fatten up and get furry in the winter like other outdoor cats.  So he gets cold easy and is constantly going in and out.  Though I know he truly would rather be outdoors. 



Until the snow stops, he's been hanging out the office window keeping me company and secretly praying for spring!

2 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

cute cat! unfortunatly, if i am in 10 feet of a cat, my allergies go insane! uhh--its bad

Lyndsay M said...

he is SO cute!! looks like a brother to my two :)!